Thursday, December 18, 2008

Maybe a year....

is about how long we have left to believe in Santa, I think.  Caroline's questions have gotten more and more specific about the hows and whys.  She refused to see Santa at the mall because "I know that's just a helper in a suit.  Santa can't be at all the malls at once."  How does Santa get all the way around the world in just one night?  And there's not a sleigh in the world big enough to carry everybody's toys!  How does he get in our house if Daddy locks the doors every night and we don't have a chimney?  I asked her if kids at school had been "talking" about Santa, but she said no.  I think my plan of action for now is to wait until she outright asks, because so far she has been content when I said I didn't know the answer to whichever question.  I remember my mom telling me about Santa although I had privately had my suspicions for a bit and I wasn't damaged or unduly harmed by the deception.  Heck, she still addresses presents to me from Santa!   :-)